By Regina E. Herzlinger
Professor Herzlinger files how the consumer-driven health and wellbeing care stream is being applied and its effect on insurers, services, new intermediaries, and governments. With extra contributions via future health care’s best strategists, innovators, regulators and students, Consumer-Driven wellbeing and fitness Care provides a compelling imaginative and prescient of a well-being care procedure equipped to fulfill the folks it serves.This finished source comprises an important pondering at the subject and compelling case experiences of consumer-driven well-being care (CDHC) in motion, the following and overseas, together with new consumer-driven intermediaries for info and help; kinds of insurance policy; targeted factories for supplying healthiness care; customized medicines and units; and executive roles.
Read Online or Download Consumer-Driven Health Care: Implications for Providers, Payers, and Policy-Makers PDF
Best health policy books
The future health care process in Britain in the beginning of the twenty-first century is being subjected to radical rethinking. overall healthiness coverage examines how the NHS has constructed to the purpose it has reached at the present time in addition to putting it within the wider context of the types of wellbeing and fitness care that are to be had to humans in Britain.
Overall healthiness provider coverage and wellbeing and fitness coverage have replaced significantly over the last fifteen years and there's a urgent want for an up to date sociological research of wellbeing and fitness coverage. not just have regulations themselves replaced yet new coverage subject matters – akin to evidence-based coverage and perform, an expanding concentrate on a prime care led health and wellbeing provider, a transforming into acceptance of the necessity to deal with inequalities via public health and wellbeing guidelines and a spotlight at the perspectives and the voice of the person and the general public– have emerged along a few of the outdated.
Discover in-depth the probabilities for public wellbeing and fitness and coverage reform. the second one version of fixing the U. S. future health Care method is a completely revised and up to date compendium of the most up-tp-date inspiration on 3 key elements of well-being care policy-improving entry, controlling expenditures, and making sure caliber.
Sufferers with power stipulations usually desire psychosocial aid and short counseling to assist them make the approach to life and behavioral adjustments required to avoid affliction issues. This leading edge textual content, with contributions from revered clinicians and researchers in all arenas of behavioral overall healthiness, presents complete education for all overall healthiness professionals√≥including these in medication, nursing, social paintings, psychological overall healthiness, and scientific and future health psychology√≥who hope special evidence-based education in behavioral wellbeing and fitness abilities.
- Implementing a national cancer clinical trials system for the 21st century : second workshop summary : an American Society of Clinical Oncology and Institute of Medicine Workshop
- Understanding Health Policy: A Clinical Approach, 4 e 2004
- Reasonable Rationing (State of Health)
- Environmental health policy
- The AIDS Pandemic: the Collision of Epidemiology with Political Correctness
Additional resources for Consumer-Driven Health Care: Implications for Providers, Payers, and Policy-Makers
Lessons About Investors and Employers Many of those who worried about the shift from DB to DC plans were concerned about the investment acumen of employees and the integrity of employers. They feared that Americans would not participate or, conversely, that ﬁrms would seize the opportunity to abandon their support of employees’ retirement needs.
4. Melhado, E. M. Review of T. Rice, The Economics of Health Care Reconsidered (Chicago: Health Administration Press, 1998). Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law, Feb. 2000, 25, 252, 248. 5. , and others. ” Journal of the American Medical Association, 2002, 288, 12, 1484. 6. Blue Shield of California. ” Nov. 2002. 7. , and Stifman, L. ” American Economic Association Papers and Proceedings, May 1995, 89(2), 320. 8. Herzlinger, R. E. –Apr. 1978, 56, 102. 9. Herzlinger, R. E. ” Wall Street Journal, June 6, 1983, p.
52. 33. Romero, M. ” Modern Healthcare, Oct. 30, 2000, p. 16. 34. Benko, L. B. ” Modern Healthcare, Apr. 15, 2002, p. 30. 35. , and Amy Goldstein, A. ” Washington Post, Sept. 29, 1999, p. A1. 36. ’” Business Insurance, Apr. 1, 2002, 36(13), 4; Albert, T. ” American Medical News, Apr. 8, 2002, 45(14), 1, 4. 37. ” San Francisco Chronicle, Dec. 11, 2000, p. A9; Meier, B. ” New York Times, Dec. 22, 1998, p. C1. 38. Barrett, M. , and others. Personalized Medicine. : Forrester Research, Aug. 2000. 39.
Consumer-Driven Health Care: Implications for Providers, Payers, and Policy-Makers by Regina E. Herzlinger