By Marc Garcia-Elias, Christophe Mathoulin
Hand and wrist accidents account for thousands of emergency room visits every year. even supposing the main widespread form of articular wrist harm comprises the distal radius, there are various different fractures that require skillful intervention to procure greatest, long term functionality. This booklet makes a speciality of these complicated intra-articular wrist accidents that experience now not been generally lined long ago, delivering an entire photo in their medical, radiographic and healing gains. it really is crucial for all experts who're on a regular basis faced with those demanding injuries.
- every one bankruptcy written by way of a well known overseas expert who has pioneered major advances within the box within the final 5 years
- offers a close evaluation of surgical ways to acute intra-articular wrist accidents, starting from partial ligament tears to the main advanced dislocations
- offers an summary of uncomplicated wrist anatomy, biomechanics, harm type, medical presentation, review and prognosis, and therapy recommendations
- comprises discussions of the main promising minimally invasive remedies, in particular arthroscopically guided fracture relief
- Highlights all suggestions in approximately 500 instructive, fantastically drawn surgical diagrams, radiographs and intraoperative images
Packed with useful therapy guidance, Articular damage of the Wrist is priceless for all hand surgeons in addition to for orthopedic and plastic surgeons and fellows. it is going to fast raise their wisdom of these tough wrist accidents that experience now not been good documented formerly, yet aren't any much less devastating by way of early joint degeneration and disorder if now not handled properly.